Spinning Babies® Parent Class
Erin is a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator and is currently offering Online Guided Spinning Babies® Parent Classes in order to maintain social distancing. You may contact her to schedule with her privately or sign up for a group class through Everyday Miracles and search for Spinning Babies®.
Online Guided Spinning Babies® Parent Class is:
- Online Parent Class video streaming/download from the Spinning Babies® Website that is yours to keep for life.
- Online Daily Essentials Video streaming/download from the Spinning Babies® Website that is yours to keep for life.
- Access to the Spinning Babies® Parent Class Materials, only available through a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator.
- Follow-up 1.5 to 2 hour private or small group (max. 5 couples) video conference call with Erin that happens after you view the above materials on your own time. We’ll go over questions, practice techniques in the comfort and safety of your own home and learn more information about using the activities in labor.
Spinning Babies® Parent Class is a three hour, hands-on course in which we:
- Learn how your baby “spins” and rotates through the pelvis during birth.
- Learn about your basic birth anatomy.
- Get hands on practice learning activities that provide comfort in pregnancy and ease in labor.
- Are empowered to ask and understand “Where’s Baby” in both your pregnancy and labor.
- Learn about positions in labor that help make space for your baby and can ease the labor process.
Who should take this class:
- Any pregnant people between 20 and 41 weeks of pregnancy
- If you currently have a baby who is breech or transverse
- If your previous labor was long
- If you are considering a VBAC, especially if your cesarean may have been due to baby’s position.
- If you’re considering unmedicated or medicated birth
Please contact me with any questions.
Class fee is $100. Includes both the birthing person and your support person, e-book and other online materials.
Spinning Babies® Parent Class FAQ
When in my pregnancy can I take the class? I recommend taking this class any time after 20 weeks in pregnancy, with benefits leading up to the very end of pregnancy. In the meantime, you might be interested in starting to practice the Daily Essentials.
Do I need to bring a partner to the class? If at all possible, yes! The class is designed for you to bring your partner or birth support person with you. You will be learning techniques and activities to do at home that require support for the birthing person. Please note that the class is not for birth professionals, and they will be referred to the Spinning Babies® Workshop.
Why should I take the in-person class instead of getting the DVD version? The in-person learning and practice of the activities and techniques is really valuable for most people. You’ll be able to learn and/or be assured that you’re doing the activities correctly. Additionally, we spend time really learning and understanding how your baby moves through your pelvis in labor. The activities and learning we do with this is knowledge you can take with you into labor. Plus you get bonus ebook materials!
Is this class the only childbirth education I need to take? The Spinning Babies® Parent Class is not a comprehensive childbirth class and yet it is not information covered in any other childbirth class. It is an approach to childbirth in which you will gain a thorough understanding of how to work with your body and make space for your baby both now and in labor. You’ll also learn techniques to help provide comfort in pregnancy. If this is your first labor and birth, you might want to consider additional education that will give you a thorough understanding of the stages of labor, comfort measures, breastfeeding and postpartum care.