Erin Tripolino is proud to partner with Doula Minnesota to provide a partnership model of doula care. Together, Erin & Terra offer professional doula support, lactation counseling, and childbirth education services in and around the Twin Cities. With a combined 18 years of experience in caring for families, their goal is to provide seamless emotional support, physical comfort, advocacy through mediation, as well as the evidence-based information you need to feel empowered to make informed decisions before, during and after your birth. Doulas provide support for all births, whether medicated, unmedicated, vaginal or caesarean. Your doulas work to get to know you and your goals so that they can provide appropriate comfort measures, suggestions, knowledge, and emotional support throughout your pregnancy and labor.
Erin & Terra serve clients fully together, both of them getting to know you prenatally and being available for support and as resources leading up until your birth. When your birthing time comes, one of the doulas, depending on who is on call that day, will join you in labor. Then, they will both be available to touch base with you and provide support following your birth.
- A complimentary consultation as an opportunity for you to get acquainted with Erin & Terra and explore if they are a good fit for your family’s birth.
- 2 prenatal meetings. Prenatal meetings will cover birth preferences, hopes, questions, comfort measures, and preparations for the postpartum period. The first visit will be with both of your doulas, and the second visit with either Erin or Terra.
- Unlimited phone and email support from both of your doulas.
- Continuous labor support starting at your home or birth place until your baby arrives and you are cozy, fed, and settled. This service will most often be provided by whichever doula is on call.
- Assistance with preparing for and support during a planned or unplanned cesarean birth.
- Breastfeeding/chestfeeding and/or bottle feeding support.
- 1-2 in home postpartum visits to check in with you about your birth experiences, recovery, bodyfeeding/bottle feeding questions and newborn care. Both doulas will be available to check in with you during your early postpartum weeks.
Sliding scale from $1000-$1500
Sliding Fee Information
Erin & Terra are passionate about providing doula support, lactation counseling, and childbirth education services in a way that makes it sustainable to support their families and also accessible to all clients. Below are some guidelines provided by Alexis J. Cunningfolk* to help you determine where you are on the sliding scale. Please be mindful as you select what option works best for you.
The highest dollar cost reflects the true cost of the class or service. It is the cost that the practitioner would charge all students in the absence of a sliding scale. If you have access to financial security, own property or have personal savings, you would not traditionally qualify for the sliding scale services. If you are able to pay for “wants” and spend little time worried about securing necessities in your life, you have economic privilege and power in our community. This price is for you.
The middle cost reflects the practitioner’s acknowledgement that paying the full cost would prevent some folks from being able to attend, but who do not honestly find themselves reflected in either descriptions for the highest cost or the lowest. If you are struggling to conquer debt or build savings or move away from paycheck to paycheck living but have access to steady income and are not spending most of your time thinking about meeting basic needs such as food, shelter, medical care, childcare, etc., you belong here.
The bottom cost represents an honest acknowledgement by the practitioner that there are folks whose economic circumstances would prevent them from being a part of classes if there was not a deliberate opportunity made for them to access services at cost that is reflective of their economic realities. If you struggle to maintain access to needs such as health care, housing, food, childcare, and are living paycheck to paycheck or are in significant debt, you probably belong here and deserve a community that honors your price as an equal economic offering as the person who can pay the highest tier. Even when the lowest tier is still prohibitive we will work with folks to offer extended payment plans and other solutions.
Typically, there is a limited amount of slots for services offered at the middle and lower end of the scale. Being honest with yourself and your financial situation when engaging with sliding scale practices grows strong and sustainable communities.